Overview Of ThinkDiag
ThinkDiag Bluetooth Diagnostic Tool
Your Professional Car Techician Diagnostic Tool THINKDIAG is an automobile diagnostic tool with professional-grade functions. Simply plug the ThinkDiag dongle into your vehicle, connect it to your smartphone or tablet via Bluetooth, and your smartphone becomes a professional diagnostic tool with the simular functionality to much higher priced equipment with nearly OEM level diagnostics and it looks good to it has a Curvy, egg-shaped casing for improved durability while keeping the size small for great portability.Each ThinkDiag comes with one or two manufacturer software subscription depending the package you buy but more subscriptions can be purchased from within the app.ThinkDiag will turn your smartphone or tablet into a profeshional level diagnostics tool at a fraction of the cost.
ThinkDiag Has had some amazing reviews and truley is a must have piece of kit that is we believe a tool that every mechanic or car owner should own.
Where do we ship to -
ThinkDiag.co.uk ships to most EU countries, the exact countries can be seen at checkout however we find that most of our order's for the ThinkDiag are from the UK followed by France , Germany , Spain , Netherlands , Finland and Bulgaria.
Are you authorised to sell -
Yes we are. We are a EU based authorised supplier of ThinkCar Products and we only ever sell original genuine products and we never sell grey imports.
Is my vehicle supported ? -
Please always contact us directly to check your vehicle support and coverage because different makes, models and even years have different coverage. Please always check with us via the site as we can not be hold responsable if you have not checked the coverage by using the contact form above or emailing us. It would not be fair to hold us accountable for descriptions or promises given by anyone but ourselves.
What are the features of ThinkDiag ?
- Advanced Full Vehicle Scan Performes scan on car for vehicle specific DTC does and supports functions such as reading or clearing dtc codes, performing actuation tests, resets and live data streams.
- Identify VIN Information Automatically meaning these is no need to input manually this will allow you to identify the vehicle and other relevent information.
– Portable, strong and advanced diagnostic tool that fits in your pocket unlike bulky diagnostic tools but not lacking the features.
– Enhanced tests for full electronic control system (examples ABS SAS SRS).
– Actuation tests allow you to test each system actuator for example lights, windows, wipers plus many more to help identify malfunction causes.
– Special functions Performes special actions to your car model or system of 115 car brands that are specific to each car brand for example turning of service light.
– Unrestricted Full OBDII and EOBD functions for full system scans to help you make informed car maintenance decisions and avoid spending unnecessary service fees.
– Live data stream reads your vehicle's live data and displays graphing to give you a visual comparison of multiple real-time data to better understand your car.
– Bidirectional functions enabled you tocommunicate with ECU to send and receive information within the ThinkDiag app on smartphone, including vehicle operation data.
- Downloadable Diagnostic Report this is a full report of the vehicle that you could share digitally or this could be printed for customer or used for own refference while doing repairs.
- Software Subscription for brands allows 12 months access to ALL diagnostic functions, including read/clear codes, live data streaming, actuation tests, and ALL maintenance functions of your vehicle.
- Maintenance Functions Software Each manufacturer software subscription comes with all 16 maintenance functions for car models from the manufacturer.
- Remote diagnostics function Meaning this is a good device if you are unable to resolve a problem yourself as Your mechanic can perform diagnostics remotely with ThinkDiag
Complete OBDII diagnostic & Maintenence functions:
- Read Fault Code
- Clear Fault Code
- Freeze Frame
- MIL Light
- Full OBD Data Stream
- I/M Readiness
- O2 Sensor Test
- Vehicle Information
- Real-time Data Stream
- EVAP System Test
- On-board Monitoring
- ABS Bleeding
- Engine Oil Lamp Reset
- Battery Matching
- Sunroof Initialization
- Throttle Adaptation
- Tire Pressure Reset
- DPF Regeneration
- Brake Pad Reset
- Steering Angle Reset
- Immobolizer Matching
- Injector Coding
Diagnostic Systems for ThinkDiag
- Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor
- Active Engine Mounts
- Active Noise Cancellation
- Active Suspension
- Adaptive Damping Control Module
- Adaptive Front Lighting System
- Advanced Driver Assistance Systems
- Air Levelizer
- Air Pressure Monitor
- Alarm Siren
- All Mode AWD/4WD
- Anti-lock Braking System
- Around View Monitor
- Auto Back Door
- Auto Drive Position
- Auto Slide Door
- Auto Slide Door
- Automatic Speed Control Device
- Blind Spot Warning
- Body Control Module
- Charger/PD Module
- Chassis Control
- Combined Charging System
- Controller Area Network Gateway
- Convertible Roof
- Cruise Control System
- Differential Lock
- Direct Adaptive Steering Technology
- Distance Control
- Door Control Units
- Driver Info / NissanConnect
- Easy Hill Start / Park Brake
- Electric / Hybrid Vehicle Systems
- Electric Motor Condition Monitoring
- Electrochromatic Mirror Compass
- Electronic 4WD
- Electronic Ignition Switch Control Unit
- Electronic Power Steering
- Electronically Adjustable Suspension
- Four Wheel Active Steer
- Front Camera Unit
- Fuel Pump Control Module
- Hands Free Module
- Head Lamp Levelizer
- Headlight Control Modules
- Heating Ventilation Air-Conditioning High Voltage (HV) Battery
- In Vehicle Monitoring System
- Instrument Cluster
- Intelligent Cruise Control
- Intelligent Key
- Intelligent Power Distribution Module
- Lane Cameras
- LED Headlamp Control Modules Intelligent Battery Sensor
- Light & Rain Sensor
- Motor Assist
- Motor Control
- Multi A/V
- Multi Display
- Nissan Anti-Theft System
- Occupant Classification Unit
- Occupant Detection
- Overhead Control Panel Unit
- Parking Assist
- Passenger Seat Control Unit
- Positive Temp Coefficient Heater
- Precrash Seatbelt
- Radar Sensor
- Rearview Camera
- S/Blind Camera
- Side Radar Right and Left
- Siren Control Unit
- Smart Entrance
- Steering Column Cont Module
- Steering Wheel Switch Pad
- Sub Meter
- Supplemental Inflatable Restraint System
- Total Illumination Control Unit
- Traction Control System
- Trailer Recognition Control Unit
- Transmission Control Module
- Universal Garage Door Opener
- Upper Control Panel Cont. Unit
- Vehicle Data Transmitter
- Vehicle Sound for Pedestrians
What can THINKDIAG do
A: Thinkdiag is an OBD tool that uses Bluetooth to connect with a smartphone or tablet. It is an economical and portable diagnostic tool for car enthusiasts and mechanics.
Thinkdiag is composed of the Thinkdiag Dongle and Thinkdiag App, which can install client soft-ware and diagnostic software, to carry out vehicle fault diagnostics. Thinkdiag connects to the vehicle’s OBD port and communicates wireless with the smart phone or tablet via Bluetooth.
Thinkdiag can be compared to any professional and expensive diagnostic equipment. It can scan the full systems which including reading version information, reading fault code, clearing fault code, reading data flow, actuation test, ABS bleeding, etc.
Q: What are some special features of Thinkdiag?
A: Thinkdiag is not a simple basic OBD scan tool, it’s a professional diagnostic dongle. For the vehicle diagnosis, it can do almost OE level and bidirectional functions. For maintenance reset-ting, it includes but not limited to Maintenance Light Reset, DPF Regeneration, Brake Pad reset, Steering Angle Reset, Battery Matching, ABS reset, Throttle Matching, Tire Pressure reset, An-ti-Theft Matching and more!
Q:Who is Thinkdiag designed for?
A: Thinkdiag aims to provide affordable, high-performance products for mechanics, garage techni-cians, and individual owners who enjoy working with vehicles.
Some scenarios are:
1. If you do door-to-door service or road rescue, whether it be maintenance or repair, a porta-ble Thinkdiag is the best choice.
2. For garages, instead of using an expensive diagnostic tool, Thinkdiag can be considered as it is so powerful and covering all diagnostic functions.
3. For DIY users, when basic OBD equipment cannot meet your high demands, the powerful ‘Thinkdiag’ will be able to diagnose more and make maintenance easy.
4. The Lightweight and compact design make the Thinkdiag the ideal tool for people who have certain maintenance skills and, to carry affordable Thinkdiag diagnostic equipment.
Setting up your THINKDIAG device for the First-time
1. Download The ThinkDiag App:
Search “ThinkDiag” in App Store or Google Play. ThinkDiag App is FREE to download and if you need more than your 1 free brand more can be purchased in the app
2. Sign In or Sign Up:
If you already have a Thinkdiag account, please sign in with your details; If you do not have one, please sign up for an account. Please note that one Thinkdiag account is common for all products from thinkdiag Tech company meaning you will not need multiple accounts for different products.
How to Sign Up for an Account:
Open the ThinkDiag App, click on “Sign Up”. Input your username, email, and verification code (which will be sent to the email you input), then create your own password. Click on “Sign Up” and finish.
3. Activate a ThinkDiag Device:
After the registration, there will be a notification of “Activation Code”. Click on “OK” to open the activation page, you need to input the serial number and a 8-digit activation code of your ThinkDiag device.
4. Download Diagnostics Software:
After the activation, go to “ThinkStore” to download diagnostics software. Each ThinkDiag de-vice comes with 2 FREE diagnostics software for one year. Please select the software based on your vehicles, and download the corresponding software.
5. Insert the ThinkDiag Device into OBDII port in Your Vehicle:
Usually, the OBDII port is located under the dashboard, above the pedal on the driver’s side. Here are the 5 common positions of OBDII port (as shown in the figure below). Insert the ThinkDiag device, there will be a green light which indicates the device is powered on.
6. Bluetooth Connection:
Open the ThinkDiag App, it will automatically search to activated device and connect via Bluetooth in the App.
7. Start to Use Your ThinkDiag Device:
After the bluetooth connection, you can use all the functions of your ThinkDiag device such as: All Systems Diagnostics, Maintenance&Service Functions, OBD II Diagnostics, thinkdiag Re-mote Diagnostics.
Questions about the THINKDIAG Hardware
Q: How Much Does The ThinkDiag Hardware Cost?
A: The cost of the thinkdiag is only £229.99
Q: Do you offer wholesale prices on the thinkdiag hardware?
A: Yes we do offer wholesale pricing to companies located in the UK and Europe but there are minimum order quantities for more information contact us.
Q: What’s the different lights of ThinkDiag indicate?
A: There are four different lights of ThinkDiag:
Continuous Green Light: The ThinkDiag device is powered on.
Continuous Blue Light: The ThinkDiag Bluetooth is connected.
Flashing Blue Light: The ThinkDiag Bluetooth is in communication.
Continuous Red Light: The ThinkDiag Firmware upgrade successful or firmware upgrade failed.
Q: Does my Thinkdiag device need to be charged? How about the power consumption, is it safe?
A: Thinkdiag is powered directly from the vehicles OBD port and does not require any charging or other power source. The power consumption of the device is very minimal and it’s very safe.
Q: Does Thinkdiag work with diesel trucks?
A: Yes. Only for light duty it will not work on heavy duty trucks.
Q: Will Thinkdiag interfere with other devices in my car?
A: No, our Bluetooth module has been thoroughly tested to ensure that it does not interfere with other Bluetooth devices.
Q: Does my Thinkdiag device use my car\'s Bluetooth?
A: No, it does not.It has it/s own built in bluetooth moduel and is completly independent from the vehicles bluetooth
Questions about the THINKDIAG Software
Q: Why do I need to download the diagnostics software after download the App?
A: Due to a variety of vehicle manufacturers on the market, different vehicle manufacturers re-quire corresponding diagnostics software. Therefore, ThinkDiag will recognize the vehicle manufacturer first while diagnosing, then download the corresponding diagnostics software to work.
Q: What is Thinkdiag's vehicle diagnostic software policy and the ThinkStore?
A: Along with the Thinkdiag hardware, two vehicle diagnostic softwares are free. The first time you use this tool, it will ask you to select the vehicle diagnostic software you want to download. (Notice: once a diagnostic software is chosen, it cannot be changed. )
ThinkStore has all the all the vehicle diagnostic softwares that Thinkdiag can use, covering more than 95% of car models in the market.
The diagnostic software is valid for one year and require renewal after expiration.
After you download the two free vehicle diagnostic softwares, you need to purchase if you want to download more softwares.
The procedure for purchasing additional diagnostic software is as followed:
Activate device → Open ThinkStore in the Thinkdiag App → Select the software → Select buy now/add to shopping cart → Complete payment → Download diagnostic software → Start the diagnosis.
Q: Which vehicle can ThinkDiag diagnose?
A: ThinkDiag supports 37 vehicle manufactures, diagnoses more than 110 vehicle brands. The diagnostics software are available in ThinkStore in the ThinkDiag App.
Note: The sizes of different manufactures’ diagnostics software are different. Some software are large which requires a good network environment to download.
Q: What are the special functions of ThinkDiag?
A: ThinkDiag supports 16 special functions, including: AFS RESET、Elec.Throttle RLRN、GEAR LEARN、Immobilizer/Keys、INJECTOR、RESET BRAKE、RESET OIL、RESET SAS、RESETBLEED、RESETBMS、RESETBOX、RESETDPF、RESETEGR、RESETTPMS、SUNROOR、RESET SUS. According to different vehicle manufacturers’ di-agnostics software, there will be more special functions.
Q: Does Thinkdiag support multiple languages?
A: Thinkdiag App supports the following languages: English, Japanese, French, Spanish, Portu-guese,Italian, German. Thinkdiag diagnostic software supports the following languages: English, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, Russian, German, Polish, Romanian, Dutch, Arabic, Czech, Danish, Greek, Persian, Finnish, Hungarian, Swedish, Turk-ish, Serbian, and Croatian.
Q: What smartphones can download ThinkDiag App?
A: ThinkDiag App supports smartphones with Android 5.0 and above, IOS 9.0 and above. It cannot be used on PC with WINDOWS system.
Q: Does ThinkDiag need firmware upgrade?
A: Yes, it does. When the ThinkDiag device is connected to the bluetooth on your smartphone, it will automatically check if the firmware of your device is the lasting version. If it’s not, it will upgrade automatically.
Q: Can the same App account bind with multiple devices?
A: Yes, you can set it in the App.